Monday, January 21, 2013

Tearing Her Down

Like many things in life you've got to destroy a little before you can rebuild.  Here's a pic of the 848 in my dining room (oh yeah, I'm doing all this work in my dining room) just before I started to dismantle her to start measuring and figuring stuff out.



I didn't really own any tools before I started this project but if I'm gonna wrench this whole thing myself, then I needed to get some real tools.  Sears was having a sale on roll-a-round tool chests and I talked the manager into selling me the floor model when they didn't have the piece I wanted in stock.

 
Taking the front fairing off was way too easy leaves me inclined to just keep tearing things apart.


Getting the nut off that held the rear sprocket took me quite a long time.  You should see the pile of parts I've got laying around now!

Until next post!

-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment