Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vanson Racing Suit

This part of the project started sometime back in October,  If you recall this posting http://ducatiracerchick.blogspot.com/2013/02/dz-racing.html then we're both on the same page.

Ordering a custom crash suit was a tad stressful, not only did I have to try and pick the right base pattern type but also balance the color with the bike without going totally overboard.  Next there's logo design and placement.  I'm no artist, so I started surfing for web sketches.  Wow, there are so many talented artists out there.  I finally came up with this digital sketch of the dz racing logo.    



I tried so many different iterations of what the logo was going to look like but it just never really get better.  Ultimately Dianne (the Artist who created the final Logo) was inspired, flipped the bike around and came up with our logo.



 Finally the worst part.  Getting nearly naked and being measured in every possible dimension you can imagine.  Bryan, my Vanson rep did a great job of making me feel confortable as he learned ALL of my measurements.

Well, the suit was finally finished this week so I thought I show you some pics.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Diz. You are too kind. It was my pleasure making the logo. You should add that the "motor" section is a stylized "M", for you middle name.
    Everything looks great and I am sure will perform even better...(just stay safe, please!)
    Love Di...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, just curious. Was your suit measured with all the body armor on (chest,back,armor shorts)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wearing only my under armors when they measured me. The suit I purchased has all the vanson armer attached with velcro under the lining on the inside. It's a vl93 Mark3, link below

    http://www.vansonleathers.com/vanson-race-suits/vl93_womens_one_piece_custom.html

    They've got the sizing thing down, it's a little hard to get into the suit at first, the trick seems to be lining up the knee armor and getting boths legs in. This sets everything else in motion to just slip it on. there seems to be the perfect amount of room on the inside with the armor in, I feel like there's no way that it will change it's position relative to me should I fall.

    ReplyDelete