Monday, October 7, 2013

Round 7 Race Report

The 848 prepped for round 7. 
What a marvelous machine and Ulli is an awesome photographer


Well, it's the end of my first race season and I'm sitting on my couch writing this race report with a broken knee cap, sprained ankle, bruised ribs and a remarkably wide smile.

Dana looking on at Ducati w/ smashed canopy

I was originally planning to ride LRRS practice on Friday, race Saturday and Sunday and top my dessert weekend off with a session of Tony's Track Day on Monday.  Unfortunately, my weekend ended after my first race on Saturday. 

DMZ Racing #358 sets the pace for the Novice race 

My launch in race 1 was really strong and I rode a strong wheelie nearly 2 scoreboard's distance.  My first lap was a 1:31 which is about 3 seconds faster than my fastest lap 1 times.  I kept on the throttle all the way through turn 2 and the back straight.  I ran a little deep in turn 3 but recovered my speed by really get off to the side of the bike up the hill.

Dana making last minute adjustments

I found a slightly deeper entry into the bowl (turn 6) and it allowed me to get all of my pointing done quickly and push a good radius all the way through to turn to the flip through turn 7.  I felt really smooth and ran solid 1:28's for the rest of the race.

Which ended carving through turn 3 in lap 4.  :(

Dana gets her first ambulance ride
 
note the damage to the rear set, not really a bad slide
 

And wins her first race!
1st Place Rookie race

I'll be healing for a few weeks...

If you're gonna ride - remember to Twist It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment