Thursday, February 7, 2013

So Close...

Wow, I installed the GP shift parts tonight after work.  They look really cool, I just hope I can remember that the shift patterns are reversed.  Now I understand why a slipper clutch is so important.  :)

I'm not sure if I'm getting better having thought through all this stuff before the parts arrive or if the milling / machining of the parts that I'm buying are just superior.  Everything I've purchased lately seems to slip into place as if it were the stock parts.  I suppose with a race bike as popular as the 848 was it should be that way but I remember having to file and drill at lot more when I was modifying the Monster 1100.

Speaking of the monster, here's a pic of her in the dining room before I sold her.  I really tricked her out too.  Miss that bike, what a comfortable pleasure to ride.

 

Back to the current project.  I positioned myself on the 848 while it was on the rear stand and started to get a feel for everything that has changed since the last time I rode her.  With carbon fiber shift linkage replacing the stock Ducati power shift linkage it feels so much tighter.

 
 
I do plan on replace the microswitch in the circuit but I don't want it to change the feel of the linkage.  Does anyone know where I can purchase a Starlane stress switch?
 
Starlane Powershift Sensor
 
OK, we're waiting on just 1 more package from Germany and I'm ready for the unvailing!!



Until Ambien Dana returns again!

No comments:

Post a Comment