Friday, February 8, 2013

Waiting for the glue to dry...

OK, so I drove home from work today at about 4:30. That's really early for me except for the fact that the Governor close the city roads at 4:00. Most folks know that New England is about to get hammered with 24" to 30" of snow and this time I just might believe it. I've been working on reviews and transitioning into my new role which is a lot of fun, buts let's be clear - it's exhausting too.
 
 
I've been waiting for a package to arrive from Germany for nearly 2 weeks now. The package I'm waiting for contains these little strips of carbon fiber that use a special glue to be applied to the frame of the bike. I'll be perfectly honest, these parts are more for show than function. I want to reduce the amount of red in the overall color scheme of the bike so that it looks cooler. Once I got home I checked the mail and nothing. :(
 
 
Naturally this snow storms means that the mail will be !@#$'ed up for the next week or so, this makes me sad.
 
 
 
Well since I can't do anymore on the bike I figured I get a head start on some other work that needs to get done before Monday and I sat down typing.
 
No sooner do I get settled and start getting in the writing flow than the doorbell rings. :) There he is soaked and covered in snow, my USPS guys.
Well he's about as apologetic as can be saying he's sorry that he's running so late but that the roads are totally unsafe and wanted to make sure he got this package from Germany delivered before he went home.
 
 
I was flabbergasted!! I thanked him for giving me something to keep me entertained this weekend when I wasn't working and just nodded and thanked me for being so understanding.
 
 
I immediately disconnected from work and started test fitting parts and bringing the temperature up in the motorcycle construction bay (dining room) and got to work. The parts are perfect! In about 2 1/2 hours I had the whole thing glued up, assembled and zip tied until it dries. I suspect that I can remove the ties in about 24 hours based on everything I read about the adhesives I used.
 
 
With any luck, I will try and start the engine tomorrow afternoon during a break from work.
Cheers!!
-dana

No comments:

Post a Comment